A county that is blessed with a huge number of National Trust properties is Gloucestershire. There is something for everyone whether they be lovers of the formal and landscaped garden, ancient ruins, grand country houses or a quirky anomaly that doesn’t fit anywhere. It’s one of the many reasons to live in the county as it gives you plenty of options to choose from for something to do. Park Homes for Sale in Gloucestershire are a great option. Find the most recent additions to the list of park homes for sale in Gloucestershire, then checkout these places.
- Dyrham Park. One of the largest Houses the trust owns, this Neo Gothic pile is just off the M4 at Junction 18. It has a formal garden, family chapel, various works of art and a landscape garden that has a large hill fort in it.
- Chedworth Roman Villa. The remains of a Roman Villa from the 2nd to the 4th century. It even has the original mosaics still in place. It is set in the glorious Gloucestershire countryside.
- Lodge Park. Our ancestors loved horse racing plus Deer and Hare coursing. So much so they built this classical viewing house for a good time. With wonderful views and a rolling landscape to get lost in, you can also see the remains of a round barrow hidden in the property.
- Snowshill Manor. The work of an eccentric collector, the Elizabethan Mansion and formal garden features bikes, artisan cabinets, dolls, old toys, models, clocks and the largest collection of Samurai Armour outside of Japan (about to be chucked out of a junk shop in Cheltenham).
Mobile phones are a big part of our lives nowadays – from helping us with organisation and leisure activities, to being essential communications tools especially over the last eighteen months being in and out of lockdown, it is little wonder that shops like this Vodafone Longford based shop, King Communications are all around the country now, and indeed the world!
Although most of us have a phone, most people don’t actually know how they work. The technology goes back many decades, to when mobile phones were just starting to grow in popularity (and looked very different to the smartphones we have today!) in the 1980s…
The first patent for a phone that was portable was actually first created in America in 1908, and it is based on the idea of a radio like those that the police would use, or a walkie talkie. The technology and the idea is very similar today, but more advanced in terms of engineering.
A modern smartphone actually has a lot of power similar to that of a powerful computer, and it will send and receive electrical signals in many ways. Early on in the timeline of mobile phones, these were electronic voice signals, but nowadays photos, and internet data is sent and received by powerful modern smartphones. This is how we are able to speak to people all over the world, as well as surfing the net and sending those silly Snapchat pictures! In fact, there is more power in your smartphone than in the computer that first sent three astronauts to the moon!
Cardigans are a much loved piece of clothing all over the world and for good reason. Comfortable, stylish and able to be utilised for a wide variety of occasions, the cardigan is the epitome of versatility. As long as you are brave enough to give a cardigan a try, there are plenty of ways that you can experiment with it and find the look that suits you best.
So what is a cardigan?
It may seem like an obvious question but there are a few different kinds of garments that are associated with the term ‘cardigan’. The most common form of cardigan is a knitted jumper with an open front. They often have buttons but it isn’t too uncommon to have cardigans without buttons or with zippers instead. Cardigans come in all shapes and sizes, so you’re sure to find something to suit your tastes.
With that being said, let’s take a look at some different kinds of cardigans.
Shawl collar cardigan
Perfect for the colder months, a shawl collar cardigan features a rounded turned-down collar that is usually quite thick. These cardigan styles suit a sophisticated look thanks to this chunky look and unique collar style.
The classic cardigan look has got to be the buttoned kind which, depending on how you choose to style it, can easily be a suave outing piece of clothing or alternatively a relaxed and casual piece. Pair a button up with tailored trousers and a collared shirt to go for the smart look or try it out with comfy jeans or sweatpants with a laid back shirt for a casual outfit choice.
Buttons may be the well known cardigan style but zippered cardigans are also a stylish choice, such as the zipped mens Ralph Lauren knitwear options from EJ Menswear. Zipped cardigans can be both casual and elegant, depending on what you choose to pair it with.
The long cardigan
Long cardigans are a great way to maintain a relaxed look while keeping cosy and warm when it gets colder. Pair a long cardigan with a simple pair of jeans and a T-shirt to get the ultimate weekend look.
Marketing is crucial for making your business known, growing your client base, sales and reputation. However, if you have little experience in marketing, it can be overwhelming trying to figure it all out. That’s why hiring a marketing consultant may be just what you need to do. If after reading this, you decide you need to search for Marketing Strategy Consultants, I highly recommend contacting Really Helpful Marketing strategy consultants. Here are some clear signs that your business needs a marketing consultant.
- You are a small business or start-up. If you still don’t have many employees and have a limited budget, you could probably do with an extra pair of hands to help you create and implement a marketing strategy.
- If your team needs marketing training, a specialist marketing strategy consultant can provide this. This is a great way to maximise your business’ promotion, and to get everyone on board with helping advertise the business using whatever their skills are.
- You need help with creating a marketing strategy that gets results. If you have tried creating a strategy yourself before but it didn’t make a difference to your business, you could benefit from a specialist. They can help create a plan that fits in with your business’ wider goals. Remember, when setting goals, they should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time bound.
- Lastly, if your business is going through a financial slump and needs some extra support to get you back on track, you could benefit from a marketing consultant. They could create a suitable strategy to give your business the push that it needs. You may have tried everything yourself, but a consultant would be good for offering fresh eyes to look at the current state of your business.
Getting into university will likely be a monumental time in your life and whilst starting university is exciting, it will likely be an anxious time for you too. You’ll probably want to prepare as much as possible and I will share some top tips to help.
Firstly, remember that no matter how many people talk about how great ‘university life’ is, your main reason for going to university is to get a degree, so it’s good to be focussed from the start rather than catch up later. Make sure to check the reading list if you have been sent one, especially if you are studying something like English or Law. If you are a perfectionist however, remember that you are going to university to learn, so there is no expectation that on your first day you already know everything about the subject.
Secondly, organise your accommodation and student loan with plenty of time so you’re not worrying about these essential things at the last minute. If you are going to University of Gloucestershire, and are looking for Student Accommodation Cheltenham, check out Student Accommodation in Cheltenham from your perfect pad.
Another tip is to learn how to cook before you move to your accommodation, or buy a good student cookbook for cooking on a budget. Living away from home for the first time and the stress of studying can make many students resort to buying takeaways and ready-made meals. However, this is not only expensive, but also not healthy for your body. Cooking your own meals will not only set you up for cooking for yourself in the future, but also support your body through the stress of studying and the late nights you are likely to have.
Lastly, learn to relax! University can be tough and unfortunately, the stress can make some people’s university days anything but the best days of their lives. Learning a few relaxation or meditation exercises, or even making a list of things you can do to unwind, such as listening to music or yoga, can prevent serious problems related to stress in the future.
You may have heard of the term ‘rubber moulding’ but aren’t exactly sure what it is or how it works. I will help clarify this by giving you simple explanations that may even persuade you to look into doing rubber moulding. If you are starting a new job working for a manufacturer of some kind, such as automobiles, or food ware, this may also be helpful.
Firstly, to put it as simply as possible, rubber moulding is when uncured rubber is transformed into a functional product. This is done through compression, transferring, or injecting raw rubber material into a metal mould cavity. The pressure forms a chemical reaction, such as curing or vulcanization, which causes the particles in the material to come together to form the desired mould or shape.
You may be wondering what rubber moulding is actually used for. I will give you a few examples.
- The Aerospace Industry relies on rubber moulds of gaskets and seals to keep passengers safe. The rubber has to be resistant from fire, gas and oil with top weathering ability.
- Cars and other vehicles are made with a lot of rubber parts such as the brakes, clutch seals, and gaskets for the battery. The noise suppression capabilities of rubber parts make them good for using in most interior parts in cars too such as the console panels.
- Another example is in the food industry where rubber moulding is used to create products for food and beverages. The material has to be hygienic and be able to not wear down from repetitive cleaning.
Hopefully, after this short explanation you are a little clearer on what rubber moulding is, how it works and what it is used for. If you are looking for UK Rubber Moulding, I recommend contacting Meadex Rubber Moulding.
Roller garage doors have many advantages over traditional garage doors. Traditional doors can be heavy and need to be manually raised and lowered; roller doors can be lifted and lowered with minimal effort. They are safer than traditional doors because they roll up to the opening where they can be operated, rather than being forced open like traditional doors. In addition, they do not need to be insulated or covered with windows, as traditional doors do. All in all, the benefits of roller garage doors far outweigh the disadvantages. For Garage Doors Gloucester, visit a site like https://www.upandoverdoorsltd.co.uk/garage-doors/garage-doors-gloucester/
The first benefit is cost. The cost of roller doors is less than traditional garage doors. The roller door is made out of high quality material, including heavy duty steel. High quality moving parts and hinges are used to make sure that the door slides up smoothly on its track and rolls down smoothly once it reaches the closing position. These materials help to keep the price of roller doors at a reasonable level. They also take up much less space as they open and close vertically.
The second benefit is safety. Modern design features provide roller doors with safety harnesses that make them safe to operate in any area. Available in a wide range of materials, colours and finishes, installing a roller garage door is a convenient and hassle-free option for the modern homeowner.
It’s the kind of thing that Jeans were actually made for! The California Gold rush from 1843 to 1863 is one of those pivotal moments. In the history of the USA that defines it. The discovery of gold saw a surge in people and prospectors rushing to get to the Union’s most Western State (it didn’t own Alaska until 1867 and Hawaii came in 1959) that had profound ramigfaciatoins for the country and its native populace. Promised to be left alone in private reservations this soon went out the window when this valuable commodity was discovered. You do imagine the prospectors, clad in jeans panning for gold and trying to find the nugget that will change their lives forever. Sadly this isn’t true as jeans weren’t sold until 1873. They did have a rather coarse fabric trouser like denim but not the brass riveted type we know today. If they could they would have definitely gone and got some mens levi jeans from EJ Menswear.
However the tale of Jeans is still linked to the Gold Rush. Strauss creates the famous work and leisure wear in the City of San Francisco. It’s unlikely that he would have gone there if it weren’t for the fact it had become a boom town to support the people coming into the state. It’s likely he would have remained in New York working with his brothers.
The prospectors would have needed the services of Strauss’s shop which sold all manner of useful items to help them on their quest. The terrain was unexplored and dangerous and those that entered did so at great risk.
Lots of things that we think of as being really old really are not. In fact the stories of how they came to be are actually quite strange and surprising. In some cases the tradition that we think of is completely at odds with the culture that is celebrating it. Let’s have a look at some examples.
- Fish and Chips. A British Classic! The only thing in the Second World War that wasn’t rationed in fact. How much more British can you get? They’ve been on the menu and plates of UK dinners since time immemorial haven’t they? No. The dish is in no way British. No recipes existed until the arrival of East European Jews around the middle of the 18th Century. They introduced the concept of batter and frying rather than boiling everything and we really liked it. 150 years at best.
- Aran Sweaters. An ancient Irish art that incorporates the mystical Celtic knots in it’s designs. The knitter has been using an old Irish skill to create these timeless classics since the dawn of Ireland’s beginnings. No. The Geansai sweater was introduced to the Aran Island in 1891 by something called the Congested Districts Board. The design comes from the Channel Islands originally. Still a great wear though and there are some crackers from Shamrock Gift.
- Stonehenge is ancient. It’s fragile and needs to be protected at all costs. No. The whole thing was dug up by the Ministry of Works in the 1920’s. The Stones were put in lead metal “shoes” and then sunk back back into holes filled with concrete. Their positions were an approximation. Before that locals used to take chunks out of them for farm buildings.
Does it matter? Not really.
Social media first emerged in the early 2000s and was a place where friends reconnected and shared photos and teens chatted, but in more recent years it has also become something that businesses should not ignore!
Social media is something that has been part of the success story of many different businesses, and with the help of a professional marketing agency like this SEO Belfast based company Ryco marketing, it could also help yours…
Social media marketing is a part of digital marketing. It is usually used at the same time as other things such as SEO and website optimisation to achieve the best results, but this is something that you should talk through with the marketing agency that you are working with as they will tailor the right strategy specifically for your business and also to suit your budget.
When it comes to social media marketing, the success of your campaign rests on how good your content is as well as regular posts. Content should be engaging, unique and different if you want to catch people’s attention and break through all the other things that social media bombards people with!
It is a fantastic way to engage directly with your target audience, and this enables you to measure how well your campaign is going in real time rather than in the old days when you put out a radio advert for example and had to wait to see the results. This means that you can also tweak your strategy as you go to ensure that you are not wasting time or money on something that doesn’t work.