Netflix may now be one of the most popular platforms to watch TV, there are still some great programmes you won’t be able to see on Netflix that you could be missing. If you don’t even have a TV aerial and are looking for someone who installs TV aerials Cardiff, I recommend One Vision Ltd. Get a TV licence and start watching these five British TV programmes this year!
- Noughts and Crosses– This is a drama on BBC that is an adaptation of the book, Nought and Crosses, by Malorie Blackman. It is basically about a dystopia where racism, as it is most commonly and historically practised, is reversed, with white people being the main victims, and black people having the power in society. It is a very interesting watch.
- Some Girls- This is a series about a group of secondary school girls and their progression through their teens. It was first aired in 2012 and is a very funny watch, especially if you went to secondary school in the UK.
- Our Girl- This is an action military series that stars actress, Michelle Keegan. It first started in March 2013 and is now in its third season. It’s about a young working-class woman trying to sort her life out by joining the military.
- Stacey Dooley Investigates- This is a series of eye-opening documentaries about various aspects of our society we either aren’t aware of or don’t give enough attention to.
- The Great British Sewing Bee – This is a feel-good watch that will make you wish you knew how to make your own clothes!
I hope you get time to watch some of these great TV programmes. There are loads more and you’ll be missing out if you only stick to Netflix!