After seeing what the drugs to put in the holiday suitcase, we speak today of the necessary precautions to keep the correctly medicines.
The drugs are used to treat a disorder, a disease or to intervene in situations of sudden illness, but some conditions can alter the composition to make them ineffective or, in some cases, toxic.
How to store medicines? the general guideline is to keep medicines in a cool place with the same or below 25 ° C. Keep kids and pets is a habit as widespread as wrong because moisture could compromise the integrity of some medicines up to make them ineffective.
In view of the holiday may occur many other situations: to leave the drugs in the heat for two days at Max is fine, as long as you them to cool as soon as possible; if you plan to make a long journey during which a cool place is not available, it is good to store medicines in a suitcase or cooler in order to preserve its integrity. Finally, an important recommendation relates to the packaging of medicines: leave pills, soluble sachets and syrups in their original packaging is a security because it allows you to browse the leaflet at any time in case of doubts and, more importantly, the container protects the composition of medical personnel. It is no coincidence that some drugs are sold in dark glass containers and other plastic packages: the active ingredient and other components of a particular drug would be damaged in a different container.
The advice AIFA on the heat-sensitive drugs
The general advice, there are also those specific by Drug Agency, which spreads precise indications of drugs that would further disturbances caused by the heat. It is given below:
- They can interfere with thermoregulation, reduced alertness, hamper sweating.
- They can inhibit the sweating mechanism, lowering your blood pressure, temperature regulation at the central level and reduce alertness.
- They can inhibit the sweating mechanism and reduce blood pressure.
- They can inhibit the sweating mechanism and reduce blood pressure, dizzy or confused state.
- May reduce sweating, interfere with the temperature control unit and reduce alertness.
- Anxiolytics and muscle relaxants. Can reduce sweating and cause dizziness, decreased cardiac output and influence the cooling through vasodilation, can cause a worsening of respiratory symptoms.
- Anti-adrenergics and beta-blockers. They can influence the dilation of cutaneous blood vessels, reducing the ability to dissipate heat by convection.
- Vasodilators, including nitrates and calcium channel regulators, may worsen hypotension in vulnerable groups.
- Antihypertensive agents and diuretics. They can lead to dehydration and reduce blood pressure; a common side effect is hyponatremia that can be aggravated by excessive fluid intake.
- Can reduce alertness and increase the confusion.
Other classes of drugs used to treat nausea and vomiting, gastrointestinal disorders, urinary incontinence act as anti-cholinergic, and can therefore determine the fluid and electrolyte imbalance.
You can find more reviews in here http://www.forex-currency-converter.com/